I Received this Email in response to mine:
Artwork for outreach would be most welcome (see the attached created by a
high school student in Canada) but I must apologize OLPC is a small
non-profit that simply cannot provide personal support or guidance along the
Instead, please “nurture the grassroots” of this global community movement
to the best of your own ability, after exploring/researching the latest
blogs and map below, much like the high school student who created the
attached after careful independent research reading http://wiki.laptop.org
etc, producing his work completely independently from OLPC. Even if his
PDF is just a tiny bit dated now 2 years later, so be it 🙂
Thanks again for doing your conscientious independent creative best
with all the materials you find. My sincere apologies again OLPC cannot
provide guidance nor creative direction or legal advice, but a sincere
good luck and if you produce impactful/imaginative stuff of any kind.
Community volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org will be happy to
critique & circulate for you later if you have a solid/final draft!
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net!
My taking of the email:
- They are happy for me to go ahead with using their name and brand for my project.
- But they’re very busy and won’t be able to supply me with any help along the way.
- They have a lot of resources/blogs/social mediums in which I can get support or answers to any questions.
- Someone else managed it.. So can I!
- If they like the outcome they can circle it around and get my name out there!
- They are willing to critique it (whether this means a meeting and/or a pitch, I don’t know but I hope it does as this is what I want my project to end with).
Here is the “student’s work” file they attached: Previous Student Example
(not quite what I am going for! but still it proves that they accept and enjoy students work. Above all else it proves it is doable with no help!)